Tips and Ideas for RVing in Spring
Spring is a popular time to go RVing. It’s a time when you can enjoy the sun, warmth, and blooming nature before the weather starts to get too hot in the summer. If you’re planning a springtime RV trip, then here are some tips and ideas to help you out.
The best spring RV destinations
If you’re wondering where to travel to in your RV this spring, here are a few ideas to consider for great weather, nature, and wildlife:
- Yellowstone National Park (especially late April and throughout May)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Florida Caverns State Park
- White Sands National Monument, New Mexico
- Isla Blanca State Park, Texas
Prepare for all weather
Spring is often the most unpredictable time of year when it comes to weather. It could be warm and sunny, it could rain all day, or it could even snow. So, it’s important to prepare your RV for all types of weather. Pack layers, waterproofs, and indoor activities for those cold or rainy days, and don’t forget the sunscreen for the sunny days.
Be respectful of wildlife
It’s amazing to see all the baby animals around in the springtime, but it’s extremely important to keep your distance. Animal parents of all kinds of species can become very protective if they think their babies are under threat, meaning you could be in danger if you get too close. And don’t leave litter or food lying around your campsite as this may attract wildlife.
Give your RV a good check
It’s likely that your RV has been stood still for several months over winter, so you should make sure it’s in good condition and properly maintained before you set off on another trip. Here are a few key things to check:
- RV battery – Your battery will discharge a little while left over time. Make sure you check your battery and fully charge it in advance of your trip
- Tires – Similarly, your tires are likely to have lost air pressure while your vehicle has been sat. Check the pressure of each tire (including any spares) and inflate them as needed
- Plumbing – Check all of your plumbing for leaks and sanitize your water system
- Fluid levels – Check your oil level and all other fluid levels and top them up if needed
For more tips, here’s a comprehensive list of everything you should check with your RV. And now is a great time to check that you have all the accessories your RV needs, such as windshield shades and tire shades, both for your comfort and protection for your RV.
If you need RV shades for your upcoming trip, get in touch for a quote from Magne Shade or take a look at the range of products we have available to order online.← back to news